Your environment plays a very important role in your journey to success. Keep this in mind when designing and decorating your office space, both at work and at home. While the looks and aesthetics are important, function and comfort must come first! Then, you should take decor into account.
Be very mindful of your surroundings, as they can be the catalyst to your success, or they can drag you down.
Here are some tips for creating an environment that works for you!
- Clear the clutter. A cluttered space leads to a distracted and disorganized mind. When you’re trying to work in a chaotic, messy environment, you will be unable to focus on what you’re trying to accomplish. Get in the habit of keeping your workspace clean, and eliminate the stress and distraction of a sloppy space.
- Choose your colors. We’ve all heard that the colors we choose for our rooms can have a positive or negative effect on our mood. Choose a color palette that works for you!
- Arrangement is important. Bring some feng shui to your office! Even if you’re not a true believer of the powers of energy-flow, make sure that you set your office up in a way that feels good to you. If your space feels cramped, crowded or is not conducive to productivity, switch things up!
- Organize your stuff. Keeping your space clean and keeping your things organized are two different things. Organization takes time and work, but it makes everything so much easier and more efficient! Use folders, file cabinets, binders, etc. to organize important paperwork, and use folders and programs to file away important documents on your computer. Make it a habit to organize your office and desktop every evening before you leave, so it never becomes out of hand!
- Bring your space to life. Bring in some plant life to pep up your space keep the air fresh. Many plants clean and freshen the air indoors!
- Surround yourself with inspiration. Add some motivating pictures and quotes that will remind you of your “why”. Bring in some family photos, pictures of the kids, a vision board, or a place you want to travel to! Seeing your motivation every day will keep you motivated to crush your goals.
- Keep in comfortable. Everyone wants to have a great looking, modern office, but don’t sacrifice comfort for quirk. You’re going to be working there every day, after all! Comfort and functionality need to come first. Get yourself a supportive computer chair, a desk that does what you need it to do and is at the appropriate height, and think about the aesthetics after!
- Eliminate distractions. Make your office a space where you only focus on work! Keep anything that may distract you outside those doors.
Just as they say you are who you surround yourself with, you are what you surround yourself with. If you’re surrounded by clutter, distraction, and disorganization, that is what you will feel and become. If you create an environment of organization, order, and inspiration, you will create a routine and future of the very same!
Learn about the team at Sun Marketing Solutions and our culture by visiting our website.