What does decor have to do with the success of a business? A whole lot! The design of a business plays a role in the comfortability and feel of a business. When a company is not comfortable, the productivity will suffer.
Here are some easy ways to spruce up your workplace (and your productivity)!
- Light it up. Choosing the correct lighting for your workplace is super important. Insufficient lighting can make you feel drab, tired and unfocused, while good lighting can make you feel awake, happy and productive! Use as much natural light as possible and choose high-quality, efficient lighting that isn’t too blindingly white.
- Add some color to your life. Color has the ability to affect mood, energy, motivation and productivity! Choose color palates and decor that inspire and motivate!
- Get organized. Organization is one of the major keys to productivity. If you workplace is in disarray, you’re going to have a very difficult time getting things done efficiently. Use folders, binders, color coding, alphabetization, and any other systems that help you to stay in order. Make sure everything has its place and clean up each day before you go home.
- Declutter. Clutter in the workplace equals clutter in the mind. Habitually get rid of trash and consolidate in order to keep things tidy. Make sure everything has a home and don’t leave wires and cords hanging all over the place. That kind of visual clutter can really make you feel frazzled. Bundle wires and cables with zip-ties or binder clips to keep them safely out of your way and out of sight. Keep a waste basket near by so you can throw things out as you go, and clean up your computer desk-top each evening before you head home.
- Accessorize. Just like the perfect accessory can make your outfit, the perfect accessory can make your office! No matter how old you get, you can’t help but get excited about that fancy new pen, or the perfect planner! Get yourself some accessories that make work more fun!
- Bring some outside in. Plants are a great way to make any workplace more enjoyable. Not only to plants add beauty and decor to the office, but many varieties purify the air, as well! It’s also nice to have some life for your team to take care of!
- Use some motivation. Add some things to your workspace that motivate and inspire you and your team! From motivational quotes, to pictures that represent your goals and dreams, to pictures that represent your “why”, there are countless ways to motivate and inspire!
- Keep it comfortable. Never sacrifice comfortability for style! Of course it’s important to have an aesthetically pleasing workplace, but if it’s not comfortable, your productivity will suffer. Those sweet looking chairs aren’t going to do you any good if they are a literal pain in the butt to anyone who sits in them! Always keep your team’s comfort in mind.
- Switch things up. Don’t forget to change things up once in a while! Excitement is a great way to inspire and motivate your team.
- Make it yours. Design your space in a way that aligns with your company’s vision. Make sure that when people walk in the doors they know where they are and what you represent!
Learn about Sun Marketing Solutions and our culture here by visiting our website.